Best Shampoo for French Bulldogs: Top 5 Picks for 2023
Alex Vicente • Updated on November 22, 2022
- This review contains affiliate links. Read more here.
- Not a substitute for professional veterinary help.
The best shampoo for French Bulldogs is the Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo, in case you are in a hurry and just want to find out what our top recommendation is.
Although French Bulldogs are short-haired, they can be somewhat high maintenance, especially if you want to provide them with the highest quality of life.
Frenchies can easily suffer from allergens and irritants when you don’t clean their folds and wrinkles properly, but having a proper shampoo to keep them clean will solve all these problems!
In today’s article, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know so you can pick the best shampoo for French Bulldogs on the market.
Let’s dive right in!
Top 5 Shampoos for French Bulldogs
To help you with the process of choosing the best option for your Frenchie, here’s a brief overview of our top 5 options, so you can pick the one that suits your dog the best:
earthbath specially formulated this Oatmeal & Aloe itch relief shampoo to address the needs of dry, itchy skin. Safe for all animals over 6 weeks.
Kicking off the list with one of the overall best options and our top recommendation, the Earthbath Shampoo is remarkably gentle on the fur coat and gets your dog cleaned without irritations.
The shampoo features a soap-free formula with oatmeal and aloe as the main ingredients.
Oatmeal is great for washing away dirt and grime particles that get stuck to their hairs while moisturizing their skin.
Aloe also helps in locking in the moisture to keep the skin hydrated, which reduces the urge to itch.
The shampoo is organic, cruelty-free with a balanced pH, and has a nice vanilla and almond scent that smells fresh and clean!
- Top Features
- A biodegradable formula that is free from soap, parabens, and other common irritants
- Cruelty-free product that isn’t tested on innocent animals
- Excellent formula for moisturizing, cleansing, and odor neutralization
When a dog gets a bath with 4-Legger, they get a completely non-toxic and safe cleaning that allows their own natural oils to help regulate their skin’s health.
If your dog has extra sensitive skin and nose, you need to buy a hypoallergenic shampoo to prevent irritation and allergy exacerbation.
In that case, you might want to consider a shampoo like the 4-Legger.
This organic shampoo uses a hypoallergenic formula to clean your dog and soothe itchy skin without adding harsh detergents or unnecessary scents.
The formula is mainly based on aloe vera and natural organic oils that help in washing away dirt and grime.
Despite that, you should keep in mind that this formula is not tearless, so you have to be careful around the eyes.
- Top Features
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula for sensitive French Bulldogs
- Excellent for both puppies and adults
- Can be combined with essential oils to control the scent
Comprehensive anti itch formula: oatmeal, baking soda, and aloe vera based pet shampoo with coconut provides instant itch relief!
Next up we have another highly effective pet shampoo that uses a great formula for cleansing and deodorizing.
The Pets Are Kids Too Shampoo is an organic deodorizing shampoo that is fairly similar to Earthbath.
It also contains aloe vera for extra moisturizing, baking soda for extra cleaning and deodorizing power, as well as coconut to relieve itchy skin.
All these excellent ingredients justify the slightly higher cost.
Most buyers noticed that the skin of their Frenchies got noticeably softer after using this formula.
The formula lathers up well, so it’s easy to apply.
- Top Features
- Excellent formula for cleaning, moisturizing, and deodorizing
- Leaves a nice scent on your doggie
- Lathers up quickly for easy application
Nature’s Miracle stain and odor removers, virus disinfectants, training aids, litter and waste management and grooming products offer solutions for life with pets, from everyday messes to the toughest cleanup jobs.
If you’re looking for a product that will give you an excellent bang for the buck, you should consider Nature’s Miracle.
For starters, this one isn’t only a shampoo but it’s also a conditioner.
This means that, in addition to cleaning your French Bulldog, it’ll also maintain a shiny and soft fur coat!
The formula is soap-free and remarkably gentle on the eyes.
It also features healthy natural extracts like jojoba oil and aloe vera for moisturizing and softening the dog’s hair.
- Top Features
- A shampoo and conditioner combo that comes at an affordable price
- Excellent for keeping the skin soft while cleaning
- Helps in deodorizing and leaves a fresh scent on your dog
The NaturVet Hemp Hypoallergenic Shampoo for dogs is fragrance-free, sulfate free, paraben free, and is specifically formulated for pets with sensitive skin.
Lastly, if you want a deodorizing shampoo that is specifically formulated for French Bulldogs, you might want to keep the NaturVet shampoo on your shortlist.
This one uses hemp seed oil as the main active ingredient, which helps in neutralizing bad odors and keeping the coat fresh and clean.
The formula also includes coconut oil, oatmeal, honey, and aloe vera to moisturize the skin and leave a nice oatmeal and honey scent.
The shampoo relieves irritation and prevents itching in wrinkles and folds.
- Top Features
- Nice smelling formula without using harsh chemicals
- Makes the skin soft and the hairs clean
- Free from harsh irritants, but should still be used with caution for extra sensitive dogs
Everything we recommend
|Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo||4-Legger Organic Hypo-Allergenic Unscented Dog Shampoo||Pets Are Kids Too Premium Oatmeal Pet Shampoo||Nature’s Miracle Puppy Shampoo & Conditioner||NaturVet Hemp Deodorizing Dog Shampoo|
|CLICK HERE FOR LOWEST PRICE||CLICK HERE FOR LOWEST PRICE||CLICK HERE FOR LOWEST PRICE||CLICK HERE FOR LOWEST PRICE||CLICK HERE FOR LOWEST PRICE|
What to Look for When Buying Shampoo for Your French Bulldog
Choosing a good shampoo for your dog is all about picking the right characteristics. Here’s a quick look at the most important ones:
- Balanced pH: The shampoo should have a relatively neutral or mild formula that isn’t too alkaline.
- Deodorizing: The shampoo needs to have ingredients that wash off the smelly grime and leaves a nice scent on your doggie!
- Moisturizing: A good dog shampoo will use organic ingredients that naturally trap moisture and keep the skin hydrated for a softer feel, such as oatmeal and aloe vera.
- Hypoallergenic: While some chemicals can be highly effective in cleaning up your dog, some of them can cause severe irritation and allergic reactions. If your dog is noticeably sensitive, you should consider a hypoallergenic formula to avoid that.
This wraps it up for today’s guide that walks you through everything you need to know before picking the best shampoo for French bulldogs.
As you can see, there are plenty of options that you can choose from that would suit various budgets and sensitive Frenchie skin, but if you’re looking for the best overall option, you should go for the Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo.
This one is biodegradable, organic, and free from all the common irritants with excellent vanilla and almond scent.
However, if your dog is a bit too sensitive to odors, you should go for the 4-Legger Organic Hypo-Allergenic Unscented Dog Shampoo.